Processing the personal data of users
This page will describe management of our web site as regards processing the personal data of users that visit us.
This information is provided – also in pursuance of Section 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 – to any entity having to do with the web-based services that are made available by the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (Italian Data Protection Authority) via electronic networks as from the following address:
which corresponds to the home page of our official web site.
The information provided only applies to our web site and does not concern any web sites that may be visited by an user via external links.
The information provided is also based on the guidelines contained in Recommendation no. 2/2001, which was adopted on 17 May 2001 by the European data protection authorities within the Working Party set up under Article 29 of European Directive 95/46/EC in order to lay down minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online – especially with regard to arrangements, timing and contents of the information to be provided by data controllers to users visiting web pages for whatever purpose.
The above Recommendation as well as a summary of its purposes can be found in another section of this site.
In conformity of the article 13 of the Italian law, we inform you:
1) Your personal data will be used by Insolita Travels for purpose that are either directly or indirectly related to the services you have requested like as package tours, personalized holidays and hotel reservations.
2) To manage your personal data we can use either chartaceous or electronic instruments that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
3) We believe it is necessary to share information in order to perform our business. Denying us your personal data will therefore make impossible to fulfil the contract or process your request.
4) The information gathered may be carefully passed to selected third parties (hotels, car rental companies, drivers and private guides) to be used for purposes relating the business.
5) The Lead Company is InSicilia snc. Registered office, 95014 – Giarre (CT) SICILY.
6) The Legal Exponent of InSicilia snc is Mr. Giuseppe Indelicato.
7) You can exercise your rights towards the organization in charge of handling your data, at any time, according to the art. 7 of the Italian law 196/2003, which is reproduced here below for your convenience.
Article 7 of Legislative Decree No 30 June 2003 196 discipline following the “Right to access personal data and other rights”:
1) The individual has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him, even if not yet registered, and their communication in intelligible form.
2) The individual has the right to know:
a) the source of personal data;
b) the purpose and processed;
c) the logic applied in case of treatment with the help of electronic instruments;
d) identification of the owner, managers and assigned representative in accordance with article 5, paragraph 2;
e) the people or groups of persons to whom the personal data may be communicated or who can learn about them as appointed representative in the state, managers or agents.
3) The individual has the right to:
a) updating, rectification or, if interested, integration of data;
b) the cancellation, transformation in anonymous form or block of data used in violation of the law, including those whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which data were collected or subsequently processed;
c) certification that the operations in letters a) and b) have been notified, as also with their content, to those to whom the information was communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
4) The individual has the right to object, in whole or in part:
a) for legitimate reasons, the processing of personal data, even if pertinent to the purpose of the collection;
b) the processing of personal data for the purpose of sending advertisements or direct sales or for carrying out market research or commercial communication.